Monday, March 28

Posted by Laurel Garver on Monday, March 28, 2011 8 comments
This week, I'll be straying from my usual Tuesday, Thursday, Friday routine to participate in some blogfests.

Would you like to join me? Here are the details (and my schedule):

Wednesday, March 30
Harry Potter Blogfest:
Who would be your mates?

Hosted my Michael DiGesu at In Time...

Click HERE for the sign-up widget.

Post a maximum of 350 words based on this prompt: If you were a student at Hogwarts, who would you choose for your two best friends? Describe what kind of trio you would be.


Saturday, April 2
Memory Lane Blogfest

Hosted by Vicki Rocho at Rambles and Randomness

Click HERE for the sign-up widget

Vicki has posted a set of six memory-related questions for you to answer. Easy-peasy!


Blogfests are a great way to get to know people and stretch your creativity.

Have you joined any blogfests? What did you enjoy most? If not, what's holding you back?

8 comments:

  1. Blogfests sound really fun, but I have only participated in one. I think what's keeping me from doing more is simply time. Whenever I have time to write I tend to focus on what I already have going on and am too tired to start anything new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're busy. Look at all those great blogfests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy lady! I Was beginning to think those not doing the a-z challenge could be counted on one hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've joined blogfests (including the HP one you mentioned) and really enjoyed them. Sometimes it's hard to get to everyone, but it's also great to meet new people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Domey: Some fests are more time intensive than others--depending on the theme and prompt. Sometimes it's nice to recharge by writing something completely different than the WIP. Sometimes it's nice to get feedback on excerpts of your work. Hope you'll try one out again some time. They are fun.

    Talli: Busy indeed, though I'm the first to say "no" when a fest doesn't fit my schedule. These were both fun and easy ones to participate in.

    Colene: I'll enjoy being a spectator for the A-Z challenge! Good luck to all who have the stamina for it!

    GE: I consider it a win if I visit at least 25 participants. With the really large fests, it can get a bit overwhelming. All one can do is one's best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those will be fun blogfests to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. considered joining the A to Z Challenge next month but decided to pass. Too many other commitments now, but hoping to join next year. May take a look at the Memory Lane one. Thanks for the links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It sounds like ever so much fun! Will go check out the other blogfest. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete