Sunday, March 23

Posted by Laurel Garver on Sunday, March 23, 2014 2 comments
I'm a few days late to the theme reveal party for the A-Z blogging challenge, in part because I was hosting an actual party at my home this weekend for my daughter and her friends, Scandinavian themed. The girls watched Disney''s Frozen, ate Swedish meatballs and Danish, played Freeze Up and painted some Scandinavian-style wood cutouts. Decorations included Finnish paper stars and lots of spray snow. 

So, I love playing on a theme. But Scandinavia A-Z isn't quite up my alley (beyond lutefisk and Ikea, I'm kind of at a loss), so....

In honor of National Poetry Month, I'll be talking poetry, from the wry and colloquial to the deep and sublime, and everything in between. I'll share some of my own work, some favorite writing tools, and introduce you to poets and forms you might not have heard of.

I hope you'll come back to enjoy a sampling of the wide, wild world of poetry.

Do you like theme parties? What's the coolest one you've ever attended?

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty snowflake. And a Frozen party sounds like so much fun. And meatballs sound especially good right now! Lunchtime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool snowflake!!! Theme parties can be lots of fun - I think the ones I've liked best are the "games" parties we've had for our daughters - all games for several hours - running games, sitting games, silly games, improve games. And then when they are exhausted, we eat. :)
    I love your theme, and I'm looking forward to reading your posts for A to Z.

    ReplyDelete