Friday, November 2

Posted by Laurel Garver on Friday, November 02, 2012 1 comment
Quick quiz: When I was a kid, which did I want to be when I grew up?

A. An architect
morguefile.com

B. A teacher
morguefile.com

C. A magazine editor
photo by Raphael Gorski, Flickr Creative Commons

D. A Broadway star
morguefile.com

To find the answer, go check out my post for Jessica Bell, the Alliterative Allomorph! I also discuss why writing is harder for professional editors, and how I got my creative and analytical sides to play nice  (hint, there was a bit of bloodshed first).

Last chance to enter!

The ebook giveaway of Never Gone at Margo's blog, Writing at High Altitude, ends tonight! Pop on over and enter now!

Did you guess correctly? What were your childhood career aspirations?

1 comments:

  1. Wow, I wanted to be these, too. Temporarily, anyway. I still love houseplans and used to try to draw them when I was little, and I daydreamed about being a fashion magazine editor when one magazine had college internships every summer. But the only thing that ever stuck is writing. And writers get to be so many things. :)

    ReplyDelete